Monday, April 29, 2013

Good News All Around

It's been a busy past few weeks. As of tomorrow, I'll have been signed on my lease for two week and as of today, it's been a week since I officially moved in. All I can say for now is that I'm in love. I love how my new place is basically in the middle of nowhere. It's like a 15-20 minute drive to the nearest Wal-Mart. There's hardly any traffic in my small area. While I have to take I-4 to work, my hours are hardly ever starting or ending around rush hour and I have barely encountered any traffic.

My new room is a sanctuary in a way my old room couldn't be. I'm no longer constricted by my pinkish purple walls and mossy green carpet. I feel a lot less childish and had a great time decorating and organizing. The shape of my room makes it look almost round, which makes me feel a little like I'm in a tower. Honestly? My room is completely meant for me. I love it! (If only I had the money to get a bigger mattress... I currently have a twin, and man does that get smaller as you get older).

So, the major downside is that I'm far away from my closest friends and my family, of course. Not too far away, but driving so much could take its toll on me, and my car. Places that I used to think of as only a 20 minute drive away are now a 40-60 minute drive away. Suddenly, it becomes a small day trip to go some places that used to be "just over there". Being in the middle of nowhere, it's a little more difficult to come up with new places too. What can I say, though, it's an adventure!

I had the best day today. I can't describe everything that happened, but it was just one of those good days at work where you truly feel you made the right choice in profession. Then, when I left, it was pouring outside. And I mean POURING. As I was leaving the garage, an associate was trying to figure out how to get to the entrance without getting soaked, so I offered her a ride. Speaking with her in that short drive actually helped me figure out the better way to drive to avoid I-4 in the pouring rain. Good Karma never hurts, right? Anyways, today was really great.

So it's all good news really =D Great day at work, great new home... somehow I feel like I'm just asking for the sh** to hit the fan... Dear Lord, please don't let that happen!


1 comment:

  1. Whatever He leads you to He will lead you through. When shit hits the fan it is good to be behind the fan. Then you can see where the work lies.

    ReplyDelete