Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Whole New World

So yesterday a friend told me she needed a new roommate ASAP. To make a long story short, I'm potentially signing a lease tomorrow.

This is potentially the most spontaneous decision I've ever made. I had been planning to stay with my parents until at least the summer. Now, I'd be moving out to an area I'm not too familiar with, with 3 other people. only one of which I know, and possibly within the week! This is all happening so fast--

Usually, when moving somewhere, I have it all planned. I know how I'm going to design my room. I know exactly what I'm bringing. I'm packed a week beforehand and I know exactly how I'm getting there. I'm a planner. I plan things. This is entirely out of my element.

If I'm being honest, though, I kinda love it. I love the idea of the unknown. I love that my independence is just a touch away. I like the prospect of a challenge and something new. Sure, failure is always possible. And there's a chance I'm going to regret it--but you gotta try something new now and then. I'm just so used to my comfort zone, I have to step out of it. I'm ready to face this whole new world.


1 comment:

  1. http://www.bordengymnastics.ca/resources/417215_10150525283751693_115355596692_9104012_1763534159_n.jpg

    ...just look at this picture....it perfectly sums up what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete