Friday, April 12, 2013

***Insert John Williams Score Here***


I saw Jurassic Park in 3D today. What a joy it was to watch one of my old favorites on the big screen! I enjoyed the jokes I didn't understand as a kid, and I appreciate the dialogue more in general. Now, we know the movie plays a few digs at Disney ("I should've built in Orlando", "When the power goes out at Disney the Pirates don't attack the tourists"). I found a new reference to my favorite theme park family. While talking to John about the possibility of getting the park back on track, Dr. Sattler tells him:

What happens when the Dinosaurs find their way to Magic Kingdom.

"You never had control, that's the illusion! I was overwhelmed by the power of this place. But I made a mistake, too, I didn't have enough respect for that power and it's out now."


Like Jurassic Park, Disney flourishes best when left to it's own devices. Don't force the magic. Let it happen. And don't get too caught up in it, because real life is out there as well. Short blog today, but please comment with any additional thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment