Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hands Over my Eyes, But I'm Not Gonna Cry

Some big things have been happening. I mean, when God decides He wants to open a window, sometimes he throws open those huge French doors and says have at it. What a whirlwind!

As a follow up to my last post, yes, we were approved for the apartment and I move in next week. Woah. But, more on that as the time comes closer.

As you'll know if you've been reading this the past week, I'm trying to come out of my Disney bubble a little bit more and more and trying to experience new things. Today was possibly proof that I need to look sometimes before I leap.

I saw Evil Dead today. I hate scary movies. Why did I see it then? Because two good friends really wanted to see it and I saw it as a good opportunity to try something new. Rory, Rory, Rory... what in the world were you thinking?!?!?


I spent the entire movie with my hands covering my eyes, quietly whimpering and praying for the end. When I finally thought it was over ***SPOILER ALERT*** a hand shoots out of the ground and grabs the chick's leg. I'm pretty sure I leaped as far back in my chair as possible. At the end of the movie, when we left the theater, I was pale, shaking, and held myself up against a wall, slowly rocking back and forth. (Don't be too alarmed, this wasn't for more than a minute at most).

So, today's lesson? Try new things, even things you think you hate. Just remember, there's always going to be the chance that you still hate them, no matter how positive you try to be. And you know what, that's ok.

As a reward, I got to rock out to this song on the way home, which ended up being where the title comes from. It oddly fits.


2 comments:

  1. Friends don't make friends see movies that will scare the crap out of them. We would have taken you to see Jurassic Park 3D. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't make me, I offered. And now we can still go see JP 3D. See? It all works out.

      Delete