Saturday, July 2, 2011

Upper v. Lower

I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted! Time sure does fly by when you're working at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Today ends my week-long stint working in Lower Frontierland (the Briar Patch and Splash Down Photos and Gifts). Of course most of my shifts will be in this area, but this was the first week where I worked here, free of a trainer. I'm happy to say I enjoy it almost as much as I enjoy working in Upper. In Frontierland Merch there seems to be a divide - most CPs enjoy Lower better, most Full Timers enjoy Upper better. Honestly the one reason I truly enjoy working at Upper is because I love working at the Trading Post, where guests come to buy and trade pins. I love seeing all the different pins, hearing what they're looking for, and most of all, I like being able to hear the parades and fireworks. I do very much miss working at Upper.

Lower has its perks and quirks as well. The best part about Lower is, of course, the pictures. At Splash Down Photos we get to see all the photos of people on the ride. Selling them, printing them, and setting them up for Package Pickup or Resort Delivery is really fun. The only two parts I don't enjoy about Splash Down is Preview (where guests first see their picture and get their number) and Register 2 (which is all by itself and not at all involved with pictures, just merch that no one really buys). Preview would be better if it wasn't outside, but in general you just have people flashing pictures in your face and screaming in your ear. It's not their fault; they're excited, they're on vacation, they don't realize you're there.

Briar Patch is fun, but when it rains the store becomes WAY overcrowded!

I'd write more, but I gotta run to work. Story of my life these days =P Hopefully I won't be too tired to write some more tonight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment