Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"I Wish We'd Never Have to Grow Up"

Sometimes I just love that Disney is a place for kids of all ages.

I worked in Upper Frontierland today, the location where you can watch all the parades and fireworks. It was an 11-hour day, but to be honest, it didn't feel like it. I spent most of my time at Big Al's, the outdoor location. I spent most of my day playing with bubble guns and string-things and wearing cowboy hats. I was merchantaining at it's finest today, handing out special occasion pins and singing happy birthday. Today myself and my coworkers truly displayed excellent guest service.

There's a quote they say at the Magic Kingdom's opening: "Whether it is your first visit, or your one-hundredth, we know you'll have a magical day."

As someone who's been to the parks countless times, it sometimes stinks that Disney focuses so much on someone's first visit. Of course you won't forget your first time (unless you're like me and you were a baby), but I think the quote says it all. So when I ask someone what number trip it is, and they're not on their first, they usually think they won't get something. Instead I take a marker and make a 1st visit pin say 15th visit instead.

Today I got to be a kid at work. I played with all the toys and gadgets, and I got to watch the parade and fireworks. Wishes always makes me nostalgic, I absolutely love it. And for the second Electric Light Parade I was the only person on my side of the street, so all the characters waved at me, and Mickey even drew a heart with his hands and pointed at me. Yup. It made me happy.

This goes back to saying what I said before: if you choose to be happy, you most certainly will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment