Friday, July 15, 2011

Just as Happy When You Leave?

At work today I got to merchantain with a stuffed animal Paschale from Tangled. I had fun with him, with my coworkers, and overall had a pleasant time at work today. On the bus, however, something odd hit me. I wasn't happy.

I couldn't tell you why. I can't seem to pinpoint what's disturbing me, even now. Sometimes we say we unscrew our smiles when we step off-stage. That's exactly what today felt like. Sometimes, you're just not happy.

If 10 years ago someone asked me where I thought I'd be, I would never have thought I'd be working for Disney. Better yet, I'm pretty sure I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be working for Disney, for minimum wage. 10 years ago I thought that at this point in my life I'd be in law school and married (yup, because Annie Banks became Annie Banks McKenzie when she was 22... don't know the reference? Look it up =D ).

Well, times have changed, my life has changed, and I'm nowhere near where I'd thought I'd be. I do, however, firmly believe that in order to be happy you must first decide to be happy. That's what we do everyday at work, and that's why on stage we're always happy. It's just time to bring a little bit of that Disney magic back home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment