Thursday, July 21, 2011

Top 10 Disney YouTube Videos

So today I have off and I drove up to Gainesville to clean out the rest of my apartment. One thing I love about being up here is the space! A whole apartment to myself... quite a change from having 5 other roommates! I also have my own full size bed which is SO much more comfortable! Also, the most important aspect of my apartment right now: fast internet connection. If I hadn't mentioned it before, the internet connection at Patterson is SLOW. If I want to watch movies or tv shows through the internet I have to wait almost twice the time of the show for it to load. Hulu is absolutely useless since it reloads every commercial. Youtube is less enjoyable since you eventually get sick and tired of waiting for everything to load. So, when I'm home, or in this case in my home away from home, I like to take advantage of the high-speed access. That is why today's post features some of my all-time favorite Disney YouTube videos.

When I have decent internet, I like to browse YouTube for some awesome Disney moments. Sometimes it's fun "We're going to Disney World!" moments; sometimes it's engagements or weddings; sometimes it's magical moments. I also sometimes looking up things that you wouldn't necessarily always see at Disney... you'll see what I mean. So without further ado, my top 10 Favorite Disney YouTube Videos:

10. Star Tours: Darth Vadar Goes to Disneyland


I didn't want to have any Disney-made videos on this countdown (like the highly suspicious Musical Proposal viral video), but I just couldn't imagine a countdown without this very well made ad for the new Star Tours ride at Disneyland California. Best part hands down? Darth Vadar riding Dumbo =D

9. Disney Surprise gone wrong


I love watching videos of kids finding out their going to Disney. As a kid who grew up in Orlando, it wasn't a big deal to say we were going to Disney, but so many families save save and save to be able to spend only a few days at the resort. This video makes me scared to ever surprise my kids.... (although I love the little girl's response!)

8. SURPRISE KIDS, we're going to Disney!!


And if that last video hurt a bit, this one's a bit worse. THREE kids in this one...

7. Surprise Trip to Disney World - Christmas 2009


But there are plenty of videos around that show true joy and excitement when kids find out their going to Disney. This is one of my favorites because the way the parents presented it, and even provided a way for their children to save money for the trip! Best quote: "I always wanted to know how much money I had!"

6. Caleigh meeting Mickey for the First Time!


It's so exciting to see the pure joy in kid's faces when they first see Mickey! This little girl is a perfect representation!

5. 4 for a dollar/Return 2 Zero


This video and some of the next few relate more to my own Disney memories (though not my own videos). Whenever my sister and I would spend the day at MGM (now Disney's Hollywood Studios) we would watch the Beauty and the Beast show at least 3 times. Before each show a opening act--4 for a Dollar--performed an a cappella set. Eventually we started recognizing which group members sang which songs and developed our own favorites.

4. Funniest kids of tower of terror


It took me years to go on Tower of Terror without closing my eyes and gripping my mom's hand so she could tell me what was happening. I liked the ride, but hated the anticipation. The little boy's face in this video pretty much encompasses how I always felt.

3. Disney World Fireworks Display "Wishes" Magic Kingdom #7


The best fireworks show. Ever.

2. Surprise Proposal in WDW!!!!!!


I'm a sucker for Disney proposals. I used to hate them (long story, but suffice to say I've seen my fair share of them) but now I can spend hours watching them on YouTube. This is by far my favorite, mostly for the reaction of everyone around them. Also, for the shear simplicity. It's not necessarily my own ideal proposal, but it's cute for this couple (and also coincidentally for a friend of mine who was proposed to in the same location!)

1. Epcot American Proposal


Alright, you've watched these videos, you've got happy tears in your eyes, now prepare to weep. I'm not sure what makes this better: the fact that the couple is SO adorable, or the fact that it's a bit of Disney magic for a cast member. Either way, at the moment, this is my favorite magical Disney YouTube video. *Make sure you have tissues ready!*

No comments:

Post a Comment