Wednesday, June 8, 2011

An Orlandian Perspective

I love Disney. I wouldn't be here if I didn't love Disney. I love the magic surrounding everything--from the movies, to the parks, to the fireworks shows. I am SO in love with everything Disney.

That being said, I grew up at Disney. I've had an annual pass most of my life, and going to the parks feels more like going home. I certainly understand that most of the people here don't get to attend as often, if at all. I certainly understand that they want to go into the parks straight away and have fun and ride the rides and see the merchandise. In fact, I encourage them to share in the magic!

For some reason I just can't be as excited. Now, I love going to Disney at night. I don't know why it feels so different, but going to the parks at night doesn't bug me. But going in the middle of the day just feels like a chore to me. I find sitting outside on the porch with a good book and glass of lemonade more exciting. I enjoy my alone time because I know I won't have much of it in the coming months.

In some ways I feel slightly guilty. I'm a 25 minute drive from my parents, 25 minutes from some close friends in town. I'm going home on Sunday to watch the Tonys with my dad. It's a gift that shouldn't be taken for granted. At the same time, I feel at home. This isn't in anyway a vacation for me. It's an opportunity. Of course I'm still going to make friends and have fun and enjoy myself, but it's just not the same experience. I hope this blog will serve as a good example for future Orlandians who want to participate in the CP, because as far as I've read and seen and met, I'm the only one.

3 comments:

  1. The most wonderful thing about Rorys
    Is Rorys are wonderful things
    Her phone every day calls her mother
    Her car has new brakes and new springs
    Shes bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy
    Bouncy Bouncy fun
    But the most wonderful,wonderful thing about Rorys
    is Mine is the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'her car has new brakes and new springs."
    I almost choked.

    ahem.

    WOW only ONE O-towner? Freaky. Well... I mean the good thing is you can tell people where to go in the area (for those who WANT to go off-property) and I totally know what you mean about Disney=home. That's why, when you and I went in May, we could just walk and amble. And of course you like going at night - it's a whopping 3 degrees cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get back and see Wishes!!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete