Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hey Howdy Hey, I'm Taking Those Bubbles Away

My feet are officially killing me. I had bought the Dr. Scholls for heel support, but they kept slipping in the shoe today and giving me blisters on the back of my heel. So much for heel support.

Let it also be official that I am acclimated to the Frontierland way of life. Yup, it's happened: I greeted someone with "Howdy" when not on the clock. It has become the new way to greet people. Forget "Hey," "Hi" and "Hello". What kinda character do those greetings have?

Today was my first day working on my own without a trainer, and I feel for the most part I did a good job. I have to say though, rarely is my patience tested while on the job. Usually I keep an upbeat attitude... but today I almost snapped at a guest. It was 30 minutes before the Main Street Electrical Light Parade when someone came up to purchase a bubble gun.

---Side Note---

Before this job the last time I encountered a bubble gun was waiting for the Light Parade. A little girl I was sitting next to kept blowing bubbles and the wind kept blowing them in my face and also on the professional camera I had that day. Now bubbles are NOT water. They are NOT harmless... they are STICKY! The little girl's parents said nothing, even when I asked her to stop. This is where my favorite phrase "You need a license to bring children here" came from.

---Flash Forward---

Without giving too much away (I really shouldn't since this is a public blog) let's just say that the Bubble guns are NOT a good investment. And when someone asks you too many questions about an object that you honestly can't stand, it's hard not to just tell them to walk away from the object.

That was really the only bad parts about today (Bubble guns and sore feet). I did enjoy spending my first break in the West Side Grab-n-Go, which has very few tables. I sort of liked this because it forces you to talk with other people in your area, instead of sitting at a 4 person table by yourself, like at Hollywood Studios.

I also noticed today that many people thank you when you ask to see an accompanying ID with their unsigned credit card. This was something I did not expect, as many people just want to purchase things as fast as possible so they can get on the rides.

Forgive me, my thoughts are quite scrambled today. Personally, the day didn't start out that great. My mom left a message on my phone that my Uncle was in the hospital with some severe condition and he wasn't doing that well. I can't say Disney and work were at the forefront of my mind at work today. As of right now, no more news on that subject.

The best part of my day was after I clocked out. While on the bus back to the parking lot I kept hearing this bangs that sounded like something was caught in the wheel of the bus. I couldn't understand why no one was reacting, until I looked behind me in the window and saw the beginning of Wishes, the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom! After I got off the bus I got right in my car and opened the windows and watched the rest of the show. Wishes, if it's possible, is even more spectacular without the music. The pure sound of fireworks made watching the show a bit surreal. In it's own way, it was magical.

And then when I got home the new Harry Potter trailer was up. I can't believe it's less than a month until it premieres! SO wickedly AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. For the sore feet, I suggest investing in a pair of Spenco's (they're inserts for the soles of your shoes and you can get them at Foot Locker). Definitely worth the $20. There are also tons of great insert options at Sports Authority. (I obviously have a very intimate relationship with foot pain lol).

    ♥ Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glow stuff is my least favorite thing to sell. I feel like I am stealing from people when they buy them from me!! I hope that everything gets better for you, I'm sure that it will! I love you!

    ReplyDelete