Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Some Natural Magic

I got some bad news since my last post. I'm a bit unwilling to go into the details, but it basically leads to the impossibility of me getting an internship for the Spring. Which leads me to beg the question:

What am I doing here?

If you were to ask me what I'm best at, I'd tell you in an instant that the thing I know most about, the thing I know best is Walt Disney World. If you asked me about the thing I cared most about I'd tell you it's happiness: my own, that of others... that's why I'm in this field after all. Happiness is so important, so essential that I do my best to find the happiness in every situation. But the more and more I think about it, the more and more unhappy I become. The more and more I think about where I am right now, in comparison to so many others, to friends and cohorts, the more dissatisfied I am.

So where do I find happiness in such a situation, when the happiest place on earth is not so happy? I go back to simplicity... my first thought is a movie, where I can escape into happy endings... well, the few I've seen in the past few days all had depressing endings... fail 1.

So then I turn to music, which for the most part makes me happy, but sometimes just reinforces the sadness...

So then I turn to nature--to the calm of a Florida summer night, to the occasional brief gust of wind, to the low rumble of thunder. Sometimes it's exactly what I need.

So where do you find your center of peace?

1 comment:

  1. IF to love another person is to see the face of God, then to help another person or give them a happy moment gives me my center of peace.

    Try not to compare yourself with others. You will never be another person. You can only be the best you.

    Compare where you are today with whaere you want to be tomorrow and then build the bridge that will bring you there.

    Love me~

    ReplyDelete