Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Day at Liberty, A Talk with a Manager, and a Cough That Just Won't Go Away

Today's been interesting, and it's only 2:45!

Today was another HOH day and we were over-staffed in Frontier and under-staffed in Liberty--so I volunteered to go help at Liberty Square today.

WOAH. What a difference. Seriously, this was an entirely different HOH experience.

In Frontierland we spend the first part of the day putting stuff away all together. We usually have 5-9 Bales worth of merch on Upper days, and about 4-6 on Lower days. We usually put away stuff in the store, and then, for the most part, put it away in the shop as well. Sometimes we'll just bring it to the stock room, where we'll individually go to for the second part of our shift. It's a lot of stuff, but it always gets done, usually early too. There's a lot of teamwork.

In Liberty we had 2 SMALL bales, and we all pretty much split up from the beginning. I was working in a shop called Yankee Trader... it didn't get a delivery today, but the stockroom from yesterday wasn't put away... at all. It looked AWFUL--2 VERY small rooms FULL of boxes and barely any order to follow. And there I was, my first time working in Liberty Square. Let's just say it was confusing and different.

I got to speak with my scheduling manager today about having so many HOH shifts. For the time being it's going to stay pretty much the same, but eventually I will get more of a balance, which I'm really looking forward to! Balance is certainly one of the most important aspects of life.

And finally, my cough. I now compare it to hacking up death or something similar. I got to work feeling awful, so I put in for an ER for noon, which I got. After I got home I changed and ran to the store to get chicken soup, ginger ale, tea and medicine. I'm now in bed propped up with pillows and watching Grey's Anatomy (the perfect thing to watch when you're sick =P). I'm seriously hoping that an almost full day of rest will do me some good. If you're the praying type, all prayers are appreciated <3

Maybe I should just wish on a star =D

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Here's hoping you feel better... And - when we were sick growing up with a bad cough, my mom always made us drink hot tea with lots of honey in it. Feel better! :), Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to DR tomorrow then come over from some TLC. I have tea. You bring the honey. Oh wait, I do have honey somewhere.

    ReplyDelete