Friday, August 5, 2011

All You Need is Faith and Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust

"Think of the happiest things, it's the same as having wings!"

Today was a busy day. But I'm back. No Early Release today, no awful feeling like I might drop down with the plague any second. No, I'm back, with a little something special to prove it!

I was a stocker today, not Put Away, just a stocker, and I really liked it... for the first time I actually truly enjoyed my stock shift. My main responsibility was the Briar Cart, a small cart that sells water and squeeze breeze fans. It's practically everyone's least favorite place to work because it's out in the sun in a high guest contact area, and it was a blazing hot day today.

Perhaps one of the reasons I loved my shift today was because I was able to prove myself. So many times I hear complaints about the stockers, and I wanted to prove to those I was working with that I could be a good stocker, even with bronchitis. It was a day of running back and forth between getting ice, grabbing water, filling squeeze breezes, and regularly stocking the Briar Patch. It was a day of asking what I could do to help, a day of being friendly and courteous.

And I got a GSF. Now, in case you forget, or just tuned in, a GSF is a Great Service Fanatic card. It's given to a CM who follows the Disney Service Basics and is recognized for doing an outstanding job (either by a manager or by a fellow CM).

Now, today was a hot day. Today was a crowded day. Today was not a good day to be in a theme park, but by focusing on the positive (ie I'm getting healthy again, my life is pretty rocking right now, my best friends are almost all coming back to town this week, I'm going home to a bed that doesn't creek and a ceiling fan, just to name a few =P)... anyways, by focusing on the positive I was better able to "soar" through the day and make it a good day =D

1 comment: