Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Last Days with Price Management

Today started like any normal day off. I took an ROS last night, which means Release of Shift. It shows up on my record card, but no point value added to it. Honestly, as long as it doesn't happen all the time, I think an ROS actually says a lot on your card. It means that you tried to come in, even though you were sick, but couldn't make it through the shift. In means that you tried.... if you just work through your shift there's really nothing to show for it.


Anyways, so today started like any normal day off. I woke up after sleeping in and could hear my roommates out in the living room. We talked a little, and I noticed they were cleaning... nothing too out of the ordinary since I thought we had inspections tomorrow. I put stuff in the trash and they told me not to, but I said I'd take it out before I left for home today. They reminded me to take down my board and I said I would, before I left. At about noon there was a knock on the door and two people from Price Management came in saying they were here for departure inspections. 2 of my roommates left this week, so I figured they were just checking their rooms... but then they changed our air filter, like they usually do, and they started going into all the rooms. I looked at my one roommate and asked if they would come again tomorrow and she just stares at me. "No, these are our inspections... it's the 15th."


Wow. Was I out of it. For the first time I was not even near ready for inspections. My bed wasn't made, there was a slight mess in the room, my second cork board was on the wall, there was trash in all the cans... and we still passed. They even gave us cookies. Wow. Let's look back on my first inspection, when we cleaned the place like crazy, when it was spotless, when I stayed up after a 4am shift because I didn't want to make my bed messy... and basically the same results. This just goes to show you how much we all seem to be over it.


At work it's more about getting through the day than making magic moments. We hang out more because suddenly the time is disappearing. In 19 days most of the friends I made here will be leaving to go all throughout the country (plus side: I know people all throughout the country now!).


Once all is said and done I'll have a full blog post reflecting on my time with the college program. But for now, looking at the experiences I've had, the friends I've made, the multiple roommates, inspections and curfews, the real question is: Was it all worth it?


Yes. A million times over and over again. No regrets. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment