Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best Wishes from WHO?

For those of you who don't know, and trust me, there are many who do not, the week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest week of the year at the Walt Disney World Resort.

I know, many think it's summer, because, let's face it, summers are busy and hot and crowded. But in the summer, at least, there's a divide as to when families may take their vacations. Some prefer July, others take June or August.

The families who come in the winter aren't as lucky. They have 2 weeks to choose from: the week before and the week after Christmas. So many people think the week before is busiest... that families want to be home for Christmas, so they'll do their vacations and then go celebrate with their families. But think about it: how many YouTube videos have you seen with children finding out Christmas Day that they're leaving for Disney World soon? December 26th is a traveling day. December 27th it hits like a Gaston punch. WHAM! People everywhere, people pushing, people waiting in line, people buying jackets because they thought Florida is always warm, people buying ponchos because they thought Florida is always sunny, people eating at restaurants because Disney offered free meals if you got your hotel and tickets through them. People, People, People!

So you'll excuse me if I don't post again until after my program is over. This is my last day off and I plan on enjoying the rest of it.

Real quick, I just wanted to share one amazing present my sister got me this year. During Thanksgiving a friend teased that he was going to see Alan Rickman in Seminar while he was in NYC. (Alan Rickman, if you don't know, is God. Ok, no, not really, but he has been a constant celebrity crush since I was 3... seriously). Well, my mom, hearing this, told my sister (who lives in NYC) that she should go to the theatre and get something signed saying "Thank you for loving me since you were three." My sister isn't the type who would stalk a celebrity, but she did send a letter to the theater to Mr. Rickman to let him know how I felt. A couple weeks later the mail at our PO Box had a package with a return address for Rickman in NYC, inside a signed Playbill from Seminar saying To Rory, Best Wishes, Alan Rickman. AHHHHHHHHH!


My mom also noted that there is a hair in the tape on the envelope. I'm certain it's just an assistant, but Mom thinks we should get some polyjuice potion to see who it is. Oh goodness =P

Til next week!

1 comment:

  1. For the record, from the moment your sister mailed the letter to Alan Rickman till the day the package arrived in our mail box only 5 days had passed. Alan Rickman is not only an amazing actor, he is also prompt in responding to mail requests from sincere sisters.

    ReplyDelete